Chickens and Ducks
Not much happened since the opossum incident. Egg production went up a little bit. We bought feed this month.
I continued to nurse seedlings. I also started preparing the garden beds for planting. My husband tilled up some areas for row gardening. The strawberries stayed dormant.
Most of April was pretty cold; hence, no garden activity.
I finished assembling my hive and got to pick up my bees this month! I was pretty scared to death when I installed the package in my new hive. I got stung once and panicked about what to do. Then later I worried that I had made some awful installation mistakes and my queen would not survive. (In the end, it turned out well, though.)
I will tell more about my beekeeping adventures in the next hobby farm post, as I only did one inspection during the month of April. I did chose to buy (and use) gloves for my beekeeping, though.
Profit & Loss
Chicken feed- $42.00
Beekeeping gloves- $11.49
Total expenses: $53.49
Farmers Market book royalties- $6.64
Net profit: ($46.85)
Year-to-date net profit: ($663.68)
That's about it! Most of my non-profit accumulated thus far has been from my bee project: $570.62, to bee exact. LOL.
Til next time,