1. On Sunday we went to Tractor Supply Co. for some goat feed. All of their Christmas stuff, including Carhartt-type outerwear, was 50% off. There are still some great bargains there for any of you local people! I decided to buy two amaryllis kits at $2.50 each. After we left the store, I checked inside the boxes and one of the bulbs was completely rotted away. We went back and replaced it with a live bulb.
So now I have a little amaryllis rehab center in operation. After they flower, I'll put the plants outside. In August or September I'll stop watering them to encourage dormancy, and then after a few months I'll be able to plant them and have fresh flowers in the winter.
I love fresh flowers, but during the winter they can get expensive. Forcing bulbs is a fantastic way to get around the expense. Not only can you get cheap fresh flowers, but you can use them over and over and over again.
2. It was uncommonly warm this week, so I convinced Hubs to take a walk with me. We picked up over $9.00 worth of cans and bottles to recycle (that's five grocery bags full!).
3. Made laundry soap.
4. Sold four dozen eggs.
5. Made yogurt.
6. Cooked up a large ham and cut the rest into chunks to freeze for pizza toppings, soup add-ins, etc. I also rendered the fat for later use, and we'll have the broth this week with soup.
7. I didn't finish my apron, but I did work on it quite a bit. A majority of it is done, so I'll probably be able to finish it this week. I'll be putting on the pocket, some trim and buttons/buttonholes.
1. Finish apron.
2. Start chili pepper seeds and basil seeds.
3. Post ad for eggs on Craigslist.
Best wishes for an amazing week!