1. Groceries: I spent $21.49 on groceries this week at our local Spartan-Nash store. We were very busy over the weekend and I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time to cook. My sister came over to babysit all day Saturday, so I bought some snack foods for her, plus convenience food for that day as well. It turned out that we didn't need the bagged and boxed meals, so I put those in the pantry for another busy day.
2. Garden: I brought in all of my sweet potatoes this week. I harvested tomatoes, beets and basil cuttings. I also weeded the giant strawberry patch. I started radish, lettuce, kale and beet seeds indoors. The kale seeds have already sprouted!
3. Recycling: Picked up cans on a walk.
4. Writing: Last Friday I sent out the final sections of my book to beta readers. Many thanks to those of you who gave and are giving feedback!! Now there are just a few small changes to make and it will be ready for a final edit. YAY!
5. Christmas preparations: I've been trying to get a head start on Christmas preparations this year; choosing recipes, writing down gift ideas, DIYing some gifts and decorations. This week we had a family photo taken, which will be used on our Christmas card. Instead of doing ALL of the Christmas things after Thanksgiving, my goal is to do a little bit each week so there's not as much chaos during the season. Things like Christmas cards can be done far, far in advance. If I know what recipes I'll be making and what gifts I want to buy, I can watch for those things to go on sale, instead of buying them at full price last minute.
Well, I think that's about it for this week.
Til next time,