The Bad Way:
1. Wait until the hole gets really big to patch.
2. Use the entire patch, just as it came out of the package, even if your hole is really small.
3. Put the patch on the outside of your jeans where everyone can see it.
4. Iron it on, and you're good to go!
The Good Way:
1. Patch holes as soon as you notice them.
2. Cut your patch to the correct size- I cut mine the size of the hole plus 1/2" on each edge.
3. Iron on the inside of the pants.
4. Hand-stitch around the patch to keep it from coming off. I find that as the pants are used and washed, eventually an iron-on patch will start to peel off. Hand stitching (I do a whip stitch) prevents this. Rounding the corners of your patch will also help.
Do you patch pants? Why or why not?