1. Picked garlic, green peppers, broccoli and green beans out of the garden.
2. Made laundry soap.
3. Line dried two loads of laundry.
4. Sold four dozen eggs.
5. We went on a frugal date. I have been trying to do more picnics, because it is so nice out during the evenings. This week we went to a free community concert. I packed some homemade ham and cheese wraps, along with granola bars from the bent 'n' dent store.
6. After our date, we went to Walmart to pick up a few things and saw that men's shorts were on sale. I have a really hard time finding Hubs' size (32/32) at garage sales and thrift stores, so we bought three pairs for him.
7. Made a batch of goat's milk soap.
8. Picked some sunflowers out of the garden for our kitchen table.
In addition to research, I also worked on a section about fats & oils, and looked for possible cover designers.
10. Cooked a roast in the crock pot. Unfortunately our schedules got messed up and we didn't get to eat it that night, but I put it in the fridge for lunch the next day. When I went to take it out, I noticed that much of the fat had solidified to the top. I picked it off of the broth and saved it to use in soap.
11. Walgreens had a 75% off sale on photo books this week. I decided to take advantage of it and order one with pictures from our honeymoon. Hubs and I are not "picture people", so we actually have very few physical pictures of our wedding or honeymoon. In fact, all of the honeymoon photos are from his cell phone, so I thought it would be best to put them in a book instead of printing them individually. For $8.00, I thought the book turned out pretty well.
I am going to sign up for Walmart and RiteAid email updates as well, and wait for a sale on their photo books. I am curious as to the quality of these stores as opposed to companies like Shutterfly or Snapfish. Eventually I would like to make books from all of our travels, in addition to a book of wedding photos. There is no rush, though. Most of our travel photos are from the cell phone, so I will use the travel photos to experiment with different photo book companies. Then I'll chose the best company to do our wedding pictures.
Goals for Next Week:
1. Order lye and vanillin for soap.
2. Sign up for Walmart, Rite Aid, Shutterfly and Snapfish emails.
3. Continue weeding/deforesting the garden.
4. Post garden and hobby farm updates on blog.